Job Description-Category Manager Grocery
Responsible for Grocery, Specialty Food, and Import Department Buying. Responsible for formulating strategies and tactics that reinforce the Tony’s Fresh Market brand, align with Department role and ﬁnancial expectations, and drive market performance. Accountable for the ﬁnancial performance of assigned Department. Identiﬁes strategic opportunities to differentiate the Department’s offering. Responsible for building and nurturing key supplier partnerships to drive competitive advantage and ﬁnancial performance. Supports and positively inﬂuences grocery team ﬁnancial goals, product mix, business relationships, innovation needs, and merchandising initiatives.
- Formulates department strategies and tactics that reinforce the Tony’s Fresh Market brand, align with Department role and ﬁnancial expectations, and drive market performance.
- Translates Department ﬁnancial objectives to Category goals.
- Maintains Department pricing objectives based on overall company/grocery pricing strategy.
- Builds Weekly ad hitting key items in major categories to drive sales on a weekly basis.
- Negotiates with suppliers to get the best pricing on the key items for each category.
- Established pricing in each category that is competitive yet profitable for the company objectives.
- Maintains inventory at the DC on key items in each category.
- Works with stores to maintain company merchandising standards for the category.
- Makes weekly merchandising plan that coincides with the weekly ad in order to drive sales and margin.
- Experience and passion for purchasing, merchandising strategy, planning, execution.
- Excellent Team leader.
- Ability to be both decisive and collaborative.
- Excellent communication including written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Affluent in Microsoft excel, and outlook.
- Ability to analyze pricing, sales, gross margin, and weekly ad reports.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience preferred,
- 4-years Category Management Buying experience in the supermarket industry.
Full Time Benefits which include: Medical, 401K, and earned accrued vacation time.