Provide support as a member of the Front End team to include assisting customers during their checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and monitoring Cashiers and Baggers. In addition, work to maintain attractive Customer Service support and handle complaints and suggestions in a professional friendly manner. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members at all times.
POSITION AVAILABLE AT: Plainfield and Bolingbrook location
POSITION AVAILABLE AT: Hanover Location for evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with excellent customer service.
- Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time for customers.
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP).
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by changing tapes and ribbon as needed, sweeping floors, and completing sweep logs.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage.
- Support store programs and services
- Monitor department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
- Monitor Bagger's breaks/lunches and maintaining a flow on bringing in carts on a timely manner (considering weather)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters